|Jose Robles Dream Scholarship Fund Application Procedure|
Jose Robles Dream Scholarship Fund grants will be awarded based on funds availability. Apply online by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Follow the three steps below.
1.) Complete the online application, including:
• Applicant Information
• College/University Information
• Request and Confirm/Mail Reference Letters (see below for details)
• Prepare and Upload an Essay, Presentation or Video (see below for details)
• Sign Declaration of Applicant
• (Optional) Sign Photo Release
2.) Complete the reference letter component by either:
• collecting and mailing your two letters of reference to the Catholic Community Foundation postmarked by May 1, 2014.
3.) Click "Submit Form" at the bottom of the online application by May 1, 2014 at 11:59pm MST
Two letters of reference are required with your application. Your application is not complete without these letters.
Letters MAY NOT be from family members. Suggestions for reference writers are current or previous teachers, principals, pastors, family friends, neighbors, employers, coaches, troop leaders, or community service supervisors. A form letter is included in the online application to assist you in requesting letters of reference.
Once you request your letters of reference from the authors and they are completed, there are two methods for submitting your reference letters to the Catholic Community Foundation.
• Letters should be signed, and on letterhead when appropriate.
• Letters may not be emailed from the applicant, only DIRECTLY from the author to the Foundation.
• It is suggested that you request the reference writer notify you after emailing the letter to the Foundation as you are responsible for ensuring the letter is submitted by the deadline.
Method 2 - Collect the letter(s) of reference directly from the author(s) and mail to the Catholic Community Foundation.
• Each letter should be returned to you in a sealed envelope from the author. If the letter is not in a sealed envelope, please request that the author place it in a sealed envelope before returning it to you.
• All letters must be originals; copies will not be accepted.
• Mail letters of reference, unopened, postmarked by May 1, 2014 to:
Jose Robles Dream Scholarship
For the Essay, Presentation or Video, you are encouraged to be creative with this component while getting your message across to the Scholarship Committee.
• This component should address why you want to pursue a higher education and what a degree would mean towards your future success.
• You should also convey the biggest challenges that immigrant students in America face today. This may be a personal story about how you arrived in the United States, what your high school experience was like, etc. or it could be a story about other immigrant students in your community, and if they do not pursue higher education, what options are available to them.
• You may want to include your notable accomplishments, volunteer service to church or community, and/or compelling reasons you feel you should receive the scholarship.
Essays must be less than 1,400 words.
Creative presentations may be videos, Powerpoint presentations, Prezi presentations or PDFs.
• Videos must be less than 2 minutes in length.
• Videos over 2 minutes will not be accepted, and your application will be deemed incomplete.
• File size may not exceed 3MB.
Acceptable file formats are:
.wma, .wav, .avi, .mpeg, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx
Unacceptable file formats are:
.mp4, .mov, .rm, .qt, .aiff, .asf, .flv, .mkv